Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Imitating Daddy.

Since you are God's dear children, you must try to be like him. Ephesians 5:1

Photobucket

I am often amazed at just how much my kids soak in. How they copy my husband and I. I've seen my son going around with his "screwdriver" and fiddling around with door handles. I've seen my daughter imititate her teacher and playing schools. I've seen my baby daughter with her toy phone stick it to her ear and gabble. Kids copy you. They also copy every single negative thing you do and say as well. LOL
For instance, I was trying to tell my eldest daughter to say "Pardon?" instead of "WHAT?" when she didn't hear or understand. DH pointed out that is what I say. I was horrified! I DO??? Now I hear myself saying it - and that is what my daughter is copying. She also heard someone scream out a swear word in the supermarket car park - and she parroted them.

Imitation is how they learn. Children are their parents reflection.

It's exactly the same as Christians. We are children of God. We are a reflection of God. When people see us, do they see God?

We are to copy our Heavenly Father as our own children copy us. We need to try and act, react and think the way God does. Jesus was the perfect example to follow, for it goes on to say: Your life must be controlled by love, just as Christ loved us and gave his life for us as a sweet-smelling offering and sacrifice that pleases God. Ephesians 5:2

Our attitudes, our thoughts, our actions, our reactions should line up with the Word of God so we can truly imitate Christ. The only way we can know what God is like so we can imitate him is to KNOW him. Pray - communicate with our God and listen to Him. Read his Word - so we know what he expects of us, so we can understand and know His character.

Are you truly imitating God in words, thoughts and deeds?

MY PRAYER
God I want to be like you. I want to know you so much more so I can imitate you and adopt Godly thoughts, actions and attitudes. Help me be aware of things I need to change within myself to be a true imitator of God.
I pray you will give me the strength to admit my weaknesses and give the the courage to go out and change them.

I love you Lord
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails