Friday, January 16, 2009

More fruit...

Today's Verse of the Day couldn't have come at a better time. It ties in with yesterday's verse: "By their fruits you shall know them"

A good person's words are a fountain of life, but a wicked person's words hide a violent nature. (Proverbs 10:11)

How many Pentecostals does it take to change a light bulb?
Ten,one to change the bulb,and nine to pray against the darkness.

How many Charismatics does it take to change a light bulb?
Three,one to cast it out,and two more to catch it as it falls.

How Many Baptists does it take to change a light bulb?
At least 15. One to change the light bulb, and two or three committees to approve the change. Oh, and also one to provide a casserole.

How many Independent Baptists does it take to change a light bulb?
Only one, because any more than that would be Ecumenicalism.

How can you tell the difference between a righteous person and a wicked person?
Check the fruit in their lives.

Ok so the last one wasn't as funny - but it still is the truth.


Photobucket


The most obvious way you can see what fruit is growing in a person's life is the way that they speak.

But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart.. (Matthew 15:18)

If Christ is in full reign of a person's heart, then Christ-like speech will spill from their mouth. A person who is growing good fruits in their lives will speak goodness. But the wicked cannot grow good fruit, so what will come from their mouth will destroy. A wicked person cannot hide forever, because sooner or later their mouth will betray them.

MY PRAYER
Dear Lord,
Thankyou for the truth that is in your Word.
I pray for discernment with all people I meet - that I will hear what they say and be able to tell what is good and what isn't. I pray also that I will watch what I say as well - so that only you flows from my lips. That your love for everyone will spill forth, and be light in this dark world. I pray that when my speech isn't life-giving, that you give me the courage to deal with and chuck out the yuck fruit so I can be a good example of righteousness.
I want to be like you. I want to strive to be righteous.
Thankyou for your Word to me today. I pray that it will go out and bless others.

In your name we pray this, Jesus.
Amen.

2 comments:

Donna said...

That is such a powerful message and I think one that we often forget. The mouth is the overflow valve for the heart. What comes out of it showes what the heart is filled with.

You have lovely fruit Skip :-)

Skipper said...

Awwww thanks Donna! :)

I like your fruit hat too! ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails