Thursday, January 15, 2009

Whatsoever things are true..

.. think on these things. Phillipians 4:8

Yesterday for me was not a good day. I was slandered, untruthful stories were published about me on the net. Eh it was a blog - so hardly headline news, but it's there for all to see.

I was angry, upset, hurt, annoyed. I had thoughts of revenge, anger, bitterness. How could she do this to me? How could someone I once regarded as a friend speak so maliciously and so untruthfully about me?

Well...

I went before God in prayer - and I said - "Lord what should I do?"
And God in his wisdom had the answer for me.

"Lay it to rest"

Photobucket

When we lay a dead corpse to rest, we put it in a coffin, we say goodbye and we bury it. Let it decompose 6 feet under. Now that may sound callous - but it's true isn't it? We don't keep the dead with us. Because death causes disease. Death causes rot. Death decays - and decays all that surrounds it.
It is better for us to bury the dead. (Or if you are like me - cremate the dead.) So we are not influenced by the rot and decay.

So I have made the decision today to no longer be influenced by this persons destruction and decay.

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is fair, whatever is pure, whatever is acceptable, whatever is commendable, if there is anything of excellence and if there is anything praiseworthy-keep thinking about these things. (Phillipians 4:8)

Her words are not true, or honorable, or fair, or pure, the are not commendable and they are not excellent or praiseworthy - so I shall give them no more thought. I will not go to the place where I read such rot. I lay them to rest. 6 feet under where they belong.

DH gave me excellent advice - "Why would you go to a place that makes you think fleshy thoughts?"
And he is right. It's the same reason why I don't read trashy magazines. Because they are not pure or true or fair or excellent. Why should I go to a place where I think angry thoughts. Where I entertain thoughts of revenge?
No - this is not good for me. So I will not go there anymore.

I will not rot along side this person.
I am called to be Salt in this world - to act as a preservation agent. But I can't be Salt when I am associating and reading decay.


MY PRAYER
Dear Lord,
You know the truth. You know the circumstances here. You know what is going on. I pray that you will place your hand on it and have your way.
I pray for wisdom and grace. I pray that I will respond always graciously, kindly and in a Godly way. I pray that you will use this circumstance and situation for your glory.
I pray for your blessings on the person who slanders me. I pray that you will fill her life with joy and peace. I pray you will bless her and her family, richly.
Thankyou for giving me wisdom on how to deal with this. I ask you will help me lay this all to rest and carry on with life, filled with blessings and pure, truthful, excellent thoughts.

In your mighty and awesome name, Jesus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful prayer Skip.

FWIW I'm not going to "that" place either!

Ziz xxx

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails