Thursday, March 12, 2009

Memory verse

My 5 year old daugther goes to a Christian school - where the faith is taught as well as lived. I love this school, they worship together, they pray together, they teach the Word of God. What is being taught, lines up with what we are trying to teach our kids.

Anyway my daughter's memory verse this week is 1 Corinthians 15:58. This school teaches the KJV.

So that, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not without fruit in the Lord.

I looked at her, as she said it. She was parrotting. She had no idea what it meant. I asked her, "Do you know what this means? Do you understand it?" She shook her head.

So I get onto my laptop and get onto E-Sword, and show her another version - God's Word.

So, then, brothers and sisters, don't let anyone move you off the foundation of your faith. Always excel in the work you do for the Lord. You know that the hard work you do for the Lord is not pointless.

I saw little flickers of recognition as we talked about it. Then today, she asked to look at it again. "I want to see what it means!"

I just hope and pray that this scripture memorisation and applying it to her life is the start of a very firm foundation of faith, and that she will not be moved. I hope she is as stubborn in her spiritual life as she is now!! :)

MY PRAYER
Father, thankyou for your Word. Thankyou for the encouragement it brings, and the added determination it brings to us. I pray that we will all adopt an attitude of excellence, because that is what you deserve, our all. Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails