Monday, March 9, 2009

A personal revelation

Matthew 7:24-27 "Therefore, everyone who hears what I say and obeys it will be like a wise person who built a house on rock. Rain poured, and floods came. Winds blew and beat against that house. But it did not collapse, because its foundation was on rock.
"Everyone who hears what I say but doesn't obey it will be like a foolish person who built a house on sand. Rain poured, and floods came. Winds blew and struck that house. It collapsed, and the result was a total disaster."


I was thinking a few days ago, as to how far God has brought me. It's good to look back and see what you were, as to what you are now. It's good to reflect, and praise God for what he has done so far. As long as you don't stay put, admiring your journey so far. Get moving!! Keep going!

I am far from "there" yet, because this will be a constant journey, but I had a realisation that God for years has been building a strong and firm foundation in me. Like the houses that are being built up the road from us, engineers come in and do their thing, soil testing is completed, the trenches are dug, the footings are put in, the cement foundation is laid. It dries. It sits for a bit. It all takes times. It can't be done quickly otherwise the results would be a disaster!

I feel that is where I have been, God has been building good solid foundations in me.

Photobucket

The other day I drove past one of these foundation blocks, and saw some men at work, hammering together bits of wood. I thought to myself "Ohher building the frame" how exciting!! Anyway, I drove by there again 3 hours later and was shocked and astonished to see that the house frame was half up! Already!!

Lately I feel like God is putting up the framework, things are growing and moving along very quickly. The more I bury myself in the Word of God, growth is happening. I look back over the last few months and I can see an amazing time of growth.

How does this apply to you?
Well it may not. But know this, that when you feel like there isn't much happening, growth isn't evident, even though you are digging into the Bible, worshiping God, praying, getting right in there with your relationship with him, know that something deeper is happening. Foundations are being laid, you can't see the footings, but that is what stops the house from falling apart. This time in life will affect your Christian walk, and you can't rush this phase.

Build on something real! If you don't build on the right thing, it will be like building your house on sand. And that won't last. You can't be Salt and Light in our world, when what you have is crumbling around your ears.

MY PRAYER
Dear Lord,
Thankyou for bringing me this far. Thankyou for being patient with me whe I have tried to spur you on, hurry you up, and constantly questioned what was going on? Thankyou that you love me and treasure me and think I'm all that and a bag of chips.
I pray that you will help me build with good materials, on good foundations. I pray that you will strengthen me and guide me - coz I don't know ANYTHING about building! :) Keep revealing yourself in your Word to me and I just want to keep going on with you. I surrender myself to you completely.
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails