Friday, March 27, 2009

We are responsible for making change happen!

2 Chronicals 7:14 -15 However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country. My eyes will be open, and my ears will pay attention to those prayers at this place.

I call this a promise with conditions. I do this for my kids. I tell my son that if he tidies his room he can watch a DVD before bed. I tell my daughter that if she does excellent bookwork for the week, she can have a play date with my Mum. They are promises, with conditions.

God has just issued an amazing promise here - with conditions. Action on our part is required. But he has also given us the responsibility to make change happen. It's not up the government to make changes in our country, in our cities and in our communities. They can do jack squat for us. Why? Because God has clearly said "..if MY people.."
Now I am one of God's people. He's talking to me! He's talking to you!

So we know it's for you and me, but what do we have to do? ...will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways...

We are called to pray, search God, turn from sin.

What happens if you do this? What is the promise?

I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country. My eyes will be open, and my ears will pay attention to those prayers at this place

God has promised to hear us, forgive us and heal our country!! Heal it!! That is an amazing promise, considering the state of our country. In my own community there are hurting children with unstable homes, abusive parents, broken homes, broken lives. There are hurting adults who are in the grips of alcohol, drugs, abusive relationships, promiscuity, broken down families, poverty, unemployment, children giving birth to children etc. This is a hurting land, with open, festering sores and lives. But God has promised us that he will heal our land.
We just have to get off our butts and make it happen. By seeking God, praying and true repentance.

I so can't wait to see what God is going to do here. I can't wait to see his hand start moving and start healing the land.

MY PRAYER
Lord God, I accept my role in making change come about in my land. I pray that I will remember this daily. I am so desperate to see you heal the land, and I accept my end of the bargain. I will seek you, I will pray and I will turn from my sins. I pray you will point them out to me, challenge me and help me do this. Thankyou for the promise that you will hear us. It's so awesome to be talking to someone we can't see, but we can be assured we are heard.
In your name, Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails