Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Unfading beauty guaranteed.

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.
1 Peter 3:3-4


Before kids, I used to work in a beauty salon. I was a beauty therapist. People paid me to make them look good. I pierced, plucked, waxed, exfoliated, covered up, colored, tinted etc. Even now for myself, I spend $80 every 6 weeks to get rid of grey hair and thin out my mane. I have straightening irons, a bag of cosmetics, a box of jewellery (the non-expensive variety, common! Young family here!) - some nice clothes - that I never wear because I am a Mum, and lets face it, being a Mum does not have the cocktail dress standard.

How much do we focus on our outside appearance? We want to look good so we feel good. I don't feel good with hair legs. YUUUCK! I don't feel good with bad hair.

What we really should be focusing on is what is beautiful in God's eyes. I don't think God really cares if my hair is frizzy at the moment and that my t-shirt has my son's snot and chalk handprints on it. I don't think he cares that my jeans are grass stained from this mornings romp in the backyard. I don't think he cares my clothes came from Target instead of Gucci. All that is worth nothing to God.

What delights God and what is valuable to him is a beautiful inner self. A beautiful soul. Not only is a beautiful soul so valuable - it's ageless. Unfading. I love that! It makes it sound so bright, shiny and new! Unfading beauty.

How much time do you spend on your outward appearance as to what time you spend working on your beautiful soul?

Is a person with an ugly spirit but has supermodel looks still beautiful?

Photobucket

Whose opinion matters most to you? God's opinion? Or human opinions?

How can humans decide what is beautiful?

wrinkled old lady Pictures, Images and Photos


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails