Monday, May 4, 2009

Don't look back...

A while ago a friendship I had ended. The overflow from that was alot of very nasty and bitter words on her blog. I decided from that day I would not read another word. I didn't want her decay and rot to permeate my soul. I didn't want to associate or read her words that inspired such fleshy thoughts in myself...

Yesterday she sent me a message on both my blogs. They were friendly and written as if nothing has happened.

I prayed about this. I started to wonder, how can I respond with grace? What do I do?

God dropped into my heart the story of Sodom and Gommorah (Genesis 19). Lot had been rescued from being in a place that was riddled with darkness, sin and vileness. He was rescued from that place before it was completely and utterly destroyed. He and his family were pulled out at the right time.
Genesis 19:26 Lot's wife looked back and turned into a column of salt.

What horrible consequences! I doubt that will happen to me, but I don't want to question where God bought me.
Why would you look back?
Why look back? What's there but rot, decay and rubble?
God took Lot and his family out - that's it. Walk away.

Leave the relationship where you put it. 6 feet under. Don't look back.

Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails