Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Father's Heart

"I was to them like those who lift infants to their cheeks. I bent down to them and fed them." Hosea 11:4

Photobucket

Used with permission, ©1998 www.shannonsartroom.com

This inspires such a beautiful picture to me.

When I pick my baby up to have a cuddle, I lift her up so her face is level with mine - and I press my cheek into her soft chubby cheeks. My arms are wrapped around her and I can hear her breathing. She rests her body against mine, completely relaxed. She laughs and giggles. She can feel my warmth. She can hear me whisper to her. I can cradle her to me. If she has been crying, her tears fall onto my cheeks. There is something so sweet and so special about cheek pressing. Because it's more than just cheeks. It's hearts. It's love. It's intimacy.

When my baby is on the ground and she wants me, I bend down to her. I don't tower over her, and talk down to her like that. I bend down. I get down low, on her level. When I am down on her level, she will walk straight into my embrace.

Photobucket

God is not a distant, looming, towering figure over us. He lifts us up and presses his cheeks into ours. He loves us. We are his precious little children and he loves us.

Photobucket

MY PRAYER
Dear Lord, thankyou for this amazing love that is mine for the taking. Help me to portray your love to others. Help me show others what is theirs if they want it. All they have to do is say yes.
Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails