Tuesday, August 18, 2009

God is able.

Ephesians 3:20 Now to him who is able to do in full measure more than all our desires or thoughts, through the power which is working in us,

I was taking a walk, listening to Ps Phil Pringle on my Ipod - and then God spoke. :) I love it when He just rocks up in the mediocre moments in life.

Many years ago, God gave me a vision and a dream. My thinking has been "How are you going to do it Lord? When? Will it happen?" - This is all wrong thinking. I need to change it to "That is going to happen. God will bring it about. Because he is able - and not only will he bring it about, he will do MORE than what I hope for and dream for. "

Photobucket

Hebrews 11:1 To have faith is to be sure of the things we hope for, to be certain of the things we cannot see.

Faith requires a change in thinking - I need to be 100% sure of the things I hope for and 100% certain that God is in charge.

I need to shape my life around my dreams - like Ps Phil said, a chicken who incubates it's egg - it doesn't get up and walk away and forget about it, then wonder why it never hatched. I need to incubate my dreams, sit on it, stay with it, believe for it, pray for it, plan for it - I don't want to be that person in 40 years time, look back in dissapointment at unfulfilled dreams. It takes full time commitment to incubate a dream.

A few years ago, a visiting minister, who operated in the prophetic spoke into and over my life. A few days before, God had given me "the vision" - showed me what I would be doing. I had dreams of my own that lined up - sort of - with this vision. I saw myself in front of a large crowd of people, giving my testimony - giving hope to the hurting. I had been mulling on that - quite horrified about giving my testimony because it was really scary for me!! Then in church that minister asked the person that God had given a vision to recently to come out. My heart pounded in my chest, and he looked straight at me "It's you isn't it?". I was called out the front and he started to speak. He said that what God had shown me was a teeny, tiny glimpse of the HUGE plans of what he had in store for me, and they would be revealed to me over time.

Crikey!! What kind of plans does he have exactly?? I don't know them all - but the ones I do know of, I will keep believing God to bring them about.

God has huge plans for us all. It's a matter of believing that, being open to God's leadership, being ready to use the giftings that have been placed on our lives, and having thoughts of faith instead of doubt as we incubate our dreams.

What dreams has God given you? Do you believe that God is able to do MORE - FAR MORE than you ever dreamed or expected?

Psalm 20:4 May he give you your heart's desire, and put all your purposes into effect.

God is able. God will do more. God has more in store. God has planted your dreams into your heart and wants to fulfil them.

MY PRAYER
Lord I believe you are able. I believe that your ways are not my ways, and that all you do is for a greater purpose. Lord I pray that people will be encouraged as they read these words and will hang on to their dreams and place their hope and faith in you. Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails