Monday, August 17, 2009

It's not what you can teach others.

I have a confession to make. I stuffed up. BIGTIME!! Now I could have kept this quiet, and not told anyone, and no-one would be none the wiser. But I think that God could use my sin to speak to others.

My stuff up was I nearly posted a massive study, and it was directed at someone as a response to an action I noticed. I am 99% sure this person doesn't read my blog anyway - well if they do, they have never said so to me. I think it was indignant and kind of horrified that they behaved/thought this way.

Photobucket

But....

God gave me a conscience for a reason. It made me feel sick in the belly as my mouse hovered over the PUBLISH POST button.

"What are you doing?? What will this do??" said a gentle but loving voice.

"But I'm right!!" I argued back.

"SO??? How will you doing this show ME?"

You are so right God. So I deleted the lot.

It's not about what I can teach them, but what God is teaching me! What did I get out of those scriptures? What did God talk to ME about? What does GOD want me to share and teach? How dare I presume to preach and teach things that I am unwilling to learn for myself. I would be man that built my house on the sand - "But if you just use my words in Bible studies and don't work them into your life, you are like a stupid carpenter who built his house on the sandy beach. When a storm rolled in and the waves came up, it collapsed like a house of cards." Matthew 7:26

The Bible is a tool, an amazing life-giving tool. And I need to remember that. God speaks to me when I read - and it's a very sad thing when I use it to prove a point. I am sorry, Lord.

I have the gift of teaching on my life. I am priveledged to have this gift. But I can't abuse it. I can't use my Biblical knowledge to condemn and nit-pick. I'm SO glad that God reminded me of this.

"By their fruits you will know them...." - Matthew 7:16

I almost bore some ugly fruit. Thankfully God came along with his pruning shears!

MY PRAYER
Lord I am so so sorry. Thankyou for pointing out that I was making a big mistake and that your word is life giving, not a club to beat people over the head with.
Help me be open to your Word, I want to hear what you have to teach me. When I speak your Word, either here or in churches, I want to teach what YOU have taught me. I want each message to give life and hope.
Years ago you showed me this: Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because I am marked out by him to give good news to the poor; he has sent me to make well those who are broken-hearted; to say that the prisoners will be let go, and the blind will see, and to make the wounded free from their chains,
Help me base my words and my teachings on this: I don't want to just have any message, I want them to be annointed, Spirit filled and God-ordained.
Thankyou for your grace and mercy to me. Thankyou that you care and love me enough to show me when I am doing the wrong thing. Deal with my pride. Keep dealing with me and remind me often that I haven't "arrived" yet.
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails