Sunday, August 30, 2009

It's Spring Cleaning time!

spring cleaning Pictures, Images and Photos

Today I've started spring cleaning. I've just finished my ensuite and half way through my bedroom. I'm exhausted, hot and sweaty. It's no easy effort at all. But I know at the end of my Spring Clean my house will be sparkling clean and organised.

Spring cleaning can be applied to life in general. How about cleaning up our lives? Is what we watch on TV considered clean? Does it glorify smut? Does it rejoice in evil? Do we spend long periods of time surfing the net and ignore the Word of God that is on the shelf? Do we prefer to chat to friends online over chatting to God? Do we have areas in our lives that need "cleaning"? Like our tongue? Do we prefer to have a gossip and speak scathingly, or can we retrain it to speak positively and honorably? Do we prefer to yell and scream at our partner instead of expressing our anger in a way that says "I love you, even though I am angry at you".
What about our minds? Do we think honorably about our "enemies" or do we think about revenge, how much we hate them or other negative thoughts?

There are so many areas in our life that need cleaning up. No one has arrived and is perfect. We can't be expected to clean it all up at once and be perfect immediately. It takes one day at a time, one addressing at a time, one prayer at a time, one repentance at a time etc.

Evaluate your life - is there areas that need to change? Is there areas that need cleaning up? I certainly do!!

It won't be easy - in fact it will be hard work. But the rewards are great. The satisfaction of growth and change is great!

I encourage you today, to spend some time in prayer and ask God to show you areas in your life that need a spring clean, then get into it!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails