Thursday, August 6, 2009

No squatting!

I was having a discussion with my Mum today about foundations and roots. (yes still on my mind!) and she said something that I found very interesting.

"Don't build your foundations on someone else's faith - it's squatting."

We have to have a faith of our own, not borrowing other people's faith. It's good to hear other people's expression of faith, and follow their journey - but it's not good to take their journey and their learnings as your own and build your foundation on that. Each journey, each faith is as individual as we were created to be. We need to stand on our own two feet and walk our own walk.

Read God's Word for yourself, don't just read other people's interpretations of it and build your foundation on that.

Photobucket

I've heard that the Word of God is like a treasure hunt - why be content looking at the gems that other people have mined? God has special and unique gems for us to discover and to treasure.

I know people who have built their foundations on other people's faith. Sadly they are lost, aimless and weak. Like a Gypsy, roaming from place to place, no roots, no solid stuff beneath their feet, because they don't have the right foundations.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.

No wonder they are lost and aimless - we need light and clarity to be able to move on with God. We need to have some idea of where we are going and what we are doing. God's Word will tell us that.

May God bless you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails