Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A personal prayer..

** Our church is doing 1 month of prayer and fasting - and I concentrate better if I write my prayers down **

Psalm 7:4-54 Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you your heart’s desires. Commit everything you do to the Lord. Trust him, and he will help you.

Lord my heart's desire is to serve you, to be closer to you. I want to be so close that I can hear your heartbeat. I want to know your heart's desire for me. I want what you want for me. My desires are what you plant in me.

Father, there are some things in me that I know are from you, but yet I feel like they are unused. I don't want to be like the man who buried his talents, who didn't invest in them, and use them to benefit his Lord. I want to use them, I really do. I just don't seem to get the opportunities. I pray God that you will open doors, open up my options, create opportunities for me to use what you gave me.

I haven't forgotten the vision you gave me years ago, in regards to my testimony. I know I am to speak it, tell it, share it, and provide hope, healing and restoration. I know you haven't forgotten this either. I ask that again you will open doors. Help me refine this message so it can be a message of maximum impact. Shape me, show me how I can change to be ready for this.

Purify me Father, put me through the fire to refine me. I know this is a dangerous prayer, but I want to be ready for New Life (which is what is this month's focus) - I want to be growing and maturing continually in you. I never want to get to the place of "I've arrived" - I never will, I know that. I don't want to slacken off in my walk nor do I want to ever feel like I've checked out of Christianity.

My trust is in you Lord - I know that you can make things come about that I can't. Where I am weak, you are strong. Where to me it seems impossible, in you NOTHING is impossible. Thankyou for giving me the courage to dream and desire - and I pray that you will give me the courage to be patient, to wait until you are ready. I know you alone are the only one that can make my dreams come true.

The desire to speak your word, to teach, to preach, to speak into the lives of others is so strong, it is physically rising up in me. I can feel it come up from within into my throat. I want it so bad!

Please help me to not have a spirit of pride in my abilities, but to be humble and thankful to you. Help me to be thankful that other's have the opportunity to speak your word, and not be resentful of it. All I do, I do for you - I want to remember that. All I am, is because of you. All I ever will be, is because of you.

You are an amazing God, and you bless me so much! Thankyou for everything I have. I pray that you continue to pour out in me, blessing, teaching, growth and life.

Proverbs 3:5-12 Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track.
Don't assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil!
Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!
Honor God with everything you own; give him the first and the best.
Your barns will burst, your wine vats will brim over.
But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction. It's the child he loves that God corrects; a father's delight is behind all this.


I trust in you. I believe in you. I follow you. I want more of you.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails