Tuesday, August 4, 2009

A promise of life!

Jeremiah 17:7-8 But I will bless those who trust me. They will be like trees growing beside a stream-- trees with roots that reach down to the water, and with leaves that are always green. They bear fruit every year and are never worried by a lack of rain.

God's Word is amazing isn't it??

Another promise of blessing if we trust God. In my opinion, trusting God is easy - because he has never failed me. How can you NOT trust a God who provides for you, loves you, cares for you, listens to you, cries when you cry, laughs when you laugh, and gives the most precious thing he has so that we can be in relationship with him.

But not only are we promised blessing if we trust in God, we are shown what our lives will be like. We will be tress that roots reach down to the water. They are DEEP roots. They are deeply imbedded into the soil, heading straight for the nourishment it needs to be strong.

What are your roots imbedded in?

Ephesians 3:17 ....be deeply rooted in his love

Trust God! He loves you! Base your self worth, your identity you security in this!


Photobucket

And when times of drought come - and lets face it, they do. I've gone through the desert before. It lasted about a year. But God told me to keep my eyes on him, keep chewing on my "fat stores" - the Word of God that I had stashed away, keep meditating on what I did have. I didn't fear walking through that time.
You don't have to fear going through dry patches because the living water is at your root tips. There may not be water in the "river" - but never fear, because beneath the surface there is still stuff happening.

You will know if you're roots run deep, when during the dry times, you are not effected spiritually. You still keep moving on, and you don't crumble. You still continual to bear fruit which indicates that you are still growing! Our lives are to be filled with life during spiritually dry periods.

Have you been through a drought period? I would love to hear about it. How did you get through it?

MY PRAYER
Dear Father,
Thankyou for your Word and for your promises to us. I pray that every single root I have is firmly rooted in your love for me. I pray I won't let external influences stop that imbedding. Thankyou that we can be strong in you and continually have opportunities to grow, even in the dry times. Keep growing me, keep expanding me and showing me more and more treasures from your Word.
I pray a blessing on all my readers and I pray that you will surround them with your love and peace today. Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails