Friday, October 9, 2009

This will blow your mind!

1 Corinthians 2:9
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard,
and no mind has imagined
what God has prepared
for those who love him.”


It's the beginning of October, and because I am a true Christmas crazy woman, I have started preparing. I've started making some gifts, I've started creating table decorations, I've started planning and looking at recipes. I've got most of my kids Christmas presents, I have everything all sorted about who is getting what, etc. I'm seriously deranged when it comes to Christmas. I love this time of year!!

When I host Christmas, I always try to make it as special as possible. I set the table beautifully, matching dinnerware, the crystal, and on each plate there will be in silver boxes, filled with all sorts of little things - special personal gifts for each person who shares my Christmas table. This year I will be including some homemade rocky road, handmade Christmas decorations and other trinkets that will be special to each individual.

Why do I go to all this bother? Because I love my family. This year I will have my parents and my grandparents sharing our family table. It will be such a priveledge to celebrate the birth of our Saviour and to watch our kids go absolutely beserk with excitement. I love these people and I it's no bother to me to plan and organise for months, to make this occasion as special as possible.

Now in my mind, my amazing food, my amazing gifts, my amazing table decor will bless my family and make their Christmas just that bit more special.

God has made preparations for those who love Him. And I can tell you right now, it's going to be flippin-fantastic!! God's standards will make my Christmas plans look like rubbish! No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has in store for us.

Gift wrapped Pictures, Images and Photos

First of all.. I'm so glad that God has a plan. He's prepared. This eases my pedantic little mind who has to have everything in order and in it's little box or else I feel like I am losing it! God is a God of order - he has prepared something. But not only something, it's something I can't imagine! It's far beyond my own expectations!

Doesn't that just blow your mind a little bit? God has much more prepared for us than we can come up with in our own minds. I am so happy to be serving such a God who loves us so much, that he has plans for us. We are his kids, and he wants us to have the very very best. It rocks to be a child of God!

1 comment:

Lori Laws said...

It so rocks to be a child of God! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog because it brought me here. Let me first say this is a really cute, simple blog! You know I love design ,after seeing template after template...and you can be sure there's more to come! LOL!

I love Christmas time too! You must really love it...I wait at least until the day after Thanksgiving! Ha! Ha! You have to post a picture of all your hard work.

You must be buzy blogging! I must check out your other blogs. Will add this Link on my list. Nice to meet you and talk with you soon. Blessings!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails