Sunday, December 6, 2009

Flying under the radar? I don't think so!

Genesis 39:2-6 The Lord was with Joseph, so he succeeded in everything he did as he served in the home of his Egyptian master. Potiphar noticed this and realized that the Lord was with Joseph, giving him success in everything he did. This pleased Potiphar, so he soon made Joseph his personal attendant. He put him in charge of his entire household and everything he owned. From the day Joseph was put in charge of his master’s household and property, the Lord began to bless Potiphar’s household for Joseph’s sake. All his household affairs ran smoothly, and his crops and livestock flourished. So Potiphar gave Joseph complete administrative responsibility over everything he owned

God had called Joseph to great things. He had given him 2 dreams, showing him his future, that he would be a man of influence and power. Amazing dreams for a young man. But things weren't appearing to go to plan - Joseph had been sold into slavery and then made a servant in Potiphar's house. Going from a rich man's favourite son, with position - to a servant, a slave - a nobody!

But when God's annointing is on your life, it doesn't go unnoticed. Potiphar - who was probably a man who worshipped pagan gods, noticed that God was with Joseph and helping him succeed in his role as a slave. There is no way Joseph could have flown under the radar because God's annointing was apparent. His owner recognised that there was something special about him and elevated him to manager of his home.

When you are in a God ordained place, we succeed - but if we are in a self ordained place, trying to make ourselves great and climb the ministry "corporate ladder" we will not experience the kind of success that God will give us.

God really spoke to me while I was reading this passage - it was a gentle promise that it will be apparent that God's annointing is on my life. Like Joseph - I used to have status (in ministry) but now I am back to nothing. But I will not fly under the radar, because I have God's annointing on my life. The good thing about this is that Joseph was a rich man's favourite son, when he reached his potential - when his dreams came to pass, he was a prime minister of a nation!

MY PRAYER
Lord, I believe in you and your abilities. Though I don't understand what is going on and where I am going, I believe in you and your promises.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails