Thursday, December 31, 2009

Welcome 2010

There are no ifs or buts about it. I am glad to see the back of 2009.

I feel 2010 is going to be my year. I don't know what exactly, but I sense in my spirit that God is going to hurl me into something amazing. Last year was like the little engine that could. "I think I can, I think I can." Strain. Stress. Hard yakka. Preparation for the road ahead. Strengthened spirit - strengthened relationship with God - and we are going to do amazing things this year.

So...

Every single year I made New Year's resolutions. I keep most of them. So here are my goals for this year in my Spiritual life:

1. This year I am going to continue on in studying the Bible and read a good portion of it. If I am going to be using my gift of teaching, then I better know alot more to actually teach!!

2. Every single month I am going to prepare a rip-snorter sermon. So by December 2010 I should have 12 of them, on file - ready to speak when I am asked.

3. I am going to spend less time on Facebook as part of a personal resolution, but I think this will benefit my spiritual life. I will have more time to do more productive things in my life. Spending time of facebook acheives absolutely nothing - but spending time praying, reading the Word, worshipping, reading studies, and meditating on the scriptures will grow me and prepare me.

So that's it for this year. Today is the first day of an amazing year. I look forward to it!

MY PRAYER
Lord, thankyou for bringing me through such a tough year. Thankyou that you have clearly been at work in my life and showing me the way and walking every step of the way with me. Lord I commit 2010 to you - have your way in my life. I give my talents, skills and abilities to you for your use for your purposes. Help me encourage and bless the people who visit this blog. Use the words I write to speak into the lives of these precious people.
2010 belongs to you. It's your year, to do your thing, in your world with your Skipper.
Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails