Tuesday, January 26, 2010

God is gracious

Numbers 6:24-26 ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’

What an amazing piece of God's Word this is - full of blessing, promise and covering. I was reminded of it today as I experienced God's blessing and favour. I never asked for it. I never said "God go before me - and provide for me in this area." because I have no idea what it is I need and what I should be asking God for. But this just shows me that God is going before me, even though I never asked, showing me his grace, showing me his favour and giving me peace of mind - before I even start worrying about it!!

I don't know if you remember, but my son has special needs - and needs quite a bit of therapy. This week this therapy has increased and we have been seeing 3 professionals. Each of them have shown me that God has his hand on my son and is showing so much grace and favour to us. I have no way of knowing what my son will need in the future, I am taking it one week at a time, one day at a time. But the professionals that are working with him are opening up opportunities and resources that I had no idea existed!! They are tapping into funding for me and are making it possible for me to get financial help from the government to help pay for his therapies.

God has gone before me, seen what my son needed, and started making it all possible for me. 9 month waiting lists are shrinking to 2 months. 6 month waiting lists are not bothering me, because I know that one of his therapists are trying so hard to make it happen faster. Testing, assesments, etc are all falling into place and happening alot faster. God is providing for our every need.

Today this scripture really spoke to me when one of my son's therapists said to me. "You think about what E needs - before he even needs it, and set it up so it's not a problem for him when he comes to that place." God has done the exact same thing. He's thought about what we need before we even need it and has set it up to happen so when we do come to the place of need - it's already there. But not only has he given us our needs, but has gone over and above what we need. We are being offered resources and more experts than we "need" - these are all just bonuses!! God has smiled down on us, and because he loves me and my son - he has blessed us, shown us his favour and given me peace. All of this is in the Lord's hands - and I have no need to worry. God is going before me and paving the way. He's smiling down on us!

Isn't that an awesome image? God smiling down on us?

Fully Rely On God Pictures, Images and Photos

MY PRAYER
Dear Lord, thank you for the blessing that you are pouring into our lives in abundance. Thank you for recognising that I haven't the foggiest idea what I am doing - and thank you for assuring me in practical ways that you DO know what you are doing. Thank you for the priveledge of being Mother to my son. Thank you for making this whole process a lot easier than it could have been. I see so many other special needs kids struggling to get the help they need and I am just so incredibly greatful that you are giving us the very best of the best. I pray your blessing over the team of professionals who care for him - I pray you give them wisdom and bless them abundantly.
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails