Thursday, January 21, 2010

MIA

I'm sorry, I've been MIA. Missing in action. There is so much going on in our lives right now so I haven't been able to study the Word much - not to worry - I'm still mulling over Moses. :)

I'm encouraged though - not cast down with guilt because in Psalm 1 it says
But they delight in the law of the Lord, meditating on it day and night.
They are like trees planted along the riverbank, bearing fruit each season. Their leaves never wither,and they prosper in all they do.


I can live, grow and learn from scripture I read last week. I can dwell on it, think about it and pray about it. I love that there is life in the Word - and part of meditating on God's word is to get as much of the goodness out of it as possible. I love that God can speak to me at any time through his Word - and I'm not condemned and made to feel guilty for not reading the Bible today.

Don't get me wrong, it's good to read the Bible - but God isn't sitting up in heaven with a huge stick, ready to strike those bad Christians who aren't doing a three hour Bible study every day. But try to meditate on God's word - "Day and night" and get as much out of it as you possibly can.

Hopefully soon I'll be back once things slow down over here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails