Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Shack

The Shack 339 Pictures, Images and Photos

Has anyone else read this book?

I just put it down and I'm absolutely gobsmacked. It has changed me forever. It has changed how I relate with God forever - in a good way! I can't tell you what it's about, because it will ruin it for you, but if you like a good book, with simple truths, with amazing imagery and you are ready to have your conception of God blown out of the water - then this book is for you. I literally laughed and cried my way through this whole book. Not many people have the ability to do that to me with written words. I finished it in 3 days - which for me to finish a book in that time with three children and a very packed schedule is a miracle.

Read it. Be introduced to God as he really is, not how YOU think he is! You won't be sorry.

THE SHACK BOOK WEBSITE

2 comments:

daph-a-dills said...

Yes i read the book earlier in the year. I struggled with it a bit though. Certain concepts, or how Jesus was portrayeds as a woman. I am mostly ok with it now since listening to some reviews and what not. It certainly gets you thinking.

Tonya Ingram said...

I can't tell you how many times this book title has come across my path. What's even more crazy is that I got this book when it first came out through one of those book clubs that send you books automatically (because I forgot to tell them NOT to send the newest books), and I so hope it's not one of the many I gave away last year. I am going to look for it this weekend and if I don't have it anymore I really think I should get it... it's just crossing my path too many times!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails