Monday, April 26, 2010

It pays to listen when you pray!

Last night I was praying as I was going to sleep about our car situation. We were really stuck - we couldn't repair it, we couldn't sell it until we paid what was owing on it. It was a right old shamozzle. The mechanic tried to find a motor and rang all over the country, looking for one. There was 1 available... and it was so expensive to buy, let alone get it put in our car. We would never be able to sell our car for what it would cost us in repairs. To cut a long story short - it was looking like we would have to come up with $16,000 to pay for the car and then start looking for a new one. That's right. SIXTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS. To come up with that money, we would have to sell our caravan.

So that's the problem. We were reeling. What do we do?

"God what do I pray for? What do I ask for? I don't want to be the spoilt child that keeps getting bailed out. I don't want to treat you like a genie."

"What do you need?" was the reply.

"We need our car either fixed or replaced, that won't kill us financially. And I don't want to sell my caravan. I love that caravan!" I replied. I spent a few moments talking about the whole situation and I didn't know what to do.

"Call _____" and God gave me a name of a business.

"Eh??" I replied. That business name went straight into my heart.

"They will help you. You won't lose your caravan. Everything is going to be ok."

I listened to the deep breathing of my husband, who was sleeping beside me. Hmmm... I'm going to look like a real idiot if I wake him up and tell him to call this place. "Don't call. It wasn't God. Don't be so stupid." I heard the enemy whisper to me.

My husband stirred suddenly and whispered to me "Goodnight babe."

"Honey!" I spoke quickly and I told him about my prayer.

This morning my husband, obedient to God, made the call to the business.
"We can't help you. But we know who can, and this person is who we deal with." and they gave him a number. My husband called them... and low and behold, there was an engine for our car!! It would not cost us what we were quoted before to repair. To get it fitted it would cost us just over $4000. That's right FOUR THOUSAND. Now 4 grand is still a lot of money... but it's a LOT better than 16 grand!! Not only that, the engine has done 45,000 less kms than our old engine, so when it comes to resale - we will be able to get more for it! :)

Photobucket

God promised - and he came through, in 8 hours!

Jehovah Jireh!

My God provides. My God works miracles.


WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!

MY PRAYER
God. YOU ROCK!! Thanks so much for pulling us out of such a terrible situation. Thank you for speaking loud and clear and directing us to the right people. Thank you that you care about your kids and their problems.
Amen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails