Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Placed on my heart.

These scriptures have been placed on my heart recently

"My thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways My ways,' says the Lord.'For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are My ways higher than your ways,And My thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

Doesn't this verse excite you? God's thoughts are higher than your thoughts! How God sees you, is not how you see you! That can come as a relief to some! :P What we think we are capable of and what we think God has in store for us is only a glimpse of the reality. This means we have only glimpsed a small portion of what God is doing and will do in our lives and in the lives of other people!

This stirs my spirit with such an enthusiasm and a fresh awe of the glory and amazingness of God (Yes I know it's not a real word!)

To You, O Lord, I lift up my soul. O my God, I trust in You....Show me Your ways, O Lord; Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day." Psalm 25:1-5


Is this your hearts cry? Teach me, show me, lead me, I wait on you... I desperately want God's leading in my life. I am desperate for him to teach me and prepare me for the things he has in store for me. Prepare me for witnessing to my friends, teach me what to say, show me where I can serve. If we go through our Christian walk without wanting to be taught and lead, we are going nowhere. We are called to some sort of ministry to God and the Church - every single one of us. God has given us gifts and talents - how are we using them and developing them to serve God with? Are we looking to God to show us how we can serve him, or are we blocking our ears and not listening?

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.

Not sure what path you are taking? Not sure where you are going? Trust in the Lord... that is your road map. Faith in the Almighty - and seeking HIS will. The promise is that he will show you the paths he has mapped out for you.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I found your blog while searching for something else... I clicked on it, read it, and I just had to share it with my church family as a featured link to my Facebook network. The message was so uplifting and timely.

Thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails