Wednesday, August 11, 2010

God is... #6

MY SECURITY

Psalms 94:22 But the Lord is my fortress...

You know, I don't get how people who don't know God get through life at times! When people say "Christianity is a crutch" - they have it one baby!! I need to lean on God to get me through the tough times. I need to lean on God when I'm sad, mad, hurt, grieving, depressed etc.

A fortress is such a strong and secure sounding word. It gives really good imagery.

Family Fortress Pictures, Images and Photos

When life is hurling weapons at me, and I feel like I'm being beaten, I can find refuge in God. It doesn't mean the arrows and boiling oil stops immediately, it means that I can bear it better, and withstand better, because I am with God. We would never grow if we didn't have to "do life" - having a fortress means we have extra strength - God's strength.

A fortress offers a certain level of security as well - you aren't out there alone, to be attacked and surrounded by enemy. You are surrounded by strong thick walls, sheltering you and more secure. When I see my life, surrounded by God, with his strength, his love, his care, his grace, his security, I know that I'm going to be ok. I am not invincible, but I'm going to be ok. Each step I take, each tough time I go through, I know that God is my fortress, the one I can trust to give me extra strength, and the one who won't abandon me. I'm glad I'm not alone.

MY PRAYER
Thank you Lord that you didn't create us, and then abandon us. You are with us, and you offer us strength and security. Thank you that you care enough about us to tell us that you are our fortress, a strength that we can surround ourselves with. Amen

1 comment:

Toyin O. said...

Thank Jesus for his protection!

Awesome blog; check out my blog at http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails