Sunday, January 30, 2011

Humilty before honor.

I was just reading another devotional by Os Hillman - this really spoke to me.


Thirsting After God
....second, humility comes before honor. Elisha was known as the "servant of Elijah." How would you like to be known as "the servant of John"? Your name is not even mentioned. This was the preparation of Elisha. It has been the preparation of many men of God. Consider Joseph, the servant of Pharaoh. Consider David, the servant of Saul.


Today God Is First (TGIF) devotional message, Copyright by Os Hillman, Marketplace Leaders.

For a while now I've been complaining about being a nobody in my current church. I went from being a prominent member to a nobody. I'm known as Daz's wife. Whenever people introduce me to someone else "This is Daz and Daz's wife..." Daz's wife. I'm happy to be his wife for sure, but my goodness, I have a name people!!!!
Today God has addressed my pride once more.

Photobucket

Another thing - I have been gifted in photography and creativity. I get asked all the time to take photos and whatnot.... but never what I have been called to do. It has frustrated me, and my attitude has been "Oh well, I suppose I can.." rather than to serve joyfully. Not cool Skipper! NOT cool!
I am encouraged to see people like David, who started out as a shepherd and as the musician of Saul rise to become King - and a man after God's own Heart. What strikes me most is even though he had been anointed by Samuel to be king of Israel, he still served with humility until his time came.

I can serve with this same humility.

MY PRAYER
Forgive me Father for being full of pride and unwilling to serve you in the smaller areas. Thank you for the giftings you have given me and I pray I can use them best for your glory and service. I pray you will continue to speak into my heart and prepare me to serve you in more ways, with a glad and grateful heart. Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails