Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I WILL rejoice in the Lord

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Saviour. The Sovereign LORD is my strength;  he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights. (Habakkuk 3:17-19)

Today I feel like rubbish. I am in pain, I don't feel well, mentally I feel drained, emotionally I feel void, I'm irritable, tired, and down right miserable. While I was doing my hair this morning I was thinking internally about how dreadful I feel and having a bit of a sook. Then "Yet will I rejoice in the Lord" popped into my head. Ok so I don't have to be happy with how I'm feeling and my physical state, but it does not effect the way I see my Lord, nor should it detract from my joy in Him. I WILL rejoice in the Lord. I WILL be joyful in God my Saviour. It's a choice that I am deciding to make today. And do you know what? After making that decision, I feel brighter - knowing that today God will be my strength! I will be joyful in God.

On your low days, remember this scripture. Even though it doesn't take the problems away, it certainly helps to get through it. Decide today to not dwell on your circumstances, and your pain, but dwell instead on the goodness of God, and be joyful in Him.

Photobucket

MY PRAYER
Lord God, my Saviour, my redeemer, my healer, my Daddy, you are so great! Thank you for reminding me of this scripture and showing me I have a choice to make. Thank you for revealing a part of yourself to me, showing me that you will be my strength and help me through the day. I choose to rejoice in you. I choose to be glad and joyful in you today. 
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails