Thursday, February 3, 2011

If you are going to do it, do it well!!

Proverbs 22:29 - Do you see a man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings; he will not serve before obscure men. - 


My attitude needs adjustment. I am skilled in certain areas, and I thank the Lord for that.  He has made me to be MORE than my calling and I have been seeing myself serving Him ONLY in this area. I'm creative in many areas, I possess leadership skills, I am a people person, I am relational, I can do so much. I never thought about using ALL of these skills to serve God. In the past I've had the attitude of "Oh I suppose so..." with less enthusiasm than a blade of grass! Where is my joy in serving God with all of my skills and talents? Why am I stifling God and only looking to serve in certain areas? God can reveal himself and use my other skills for his glory in the meantime! I can tell you why I'm stifling God, because of pride. I am too proud to do something I believe is "beneath me" - but to be honest, it isn't beneath me! Jesus, the son of GOD came to earth as a humble servant and served with joy. 


Photobucket


Colossians 3:23-24Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people.  Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ.


MY PRAYER
Lord God, thank you for your grace and patience with me. I have so much to learn about you and your ways. The more I seek you the more I learn. The more I read your Word, the more you reveal a little more to me. The more I learn about you the more I realise that I don't know very much. As uncomfortable as it is and as confronting it is, thank you for showing me that my pride and my attitude needs some fixing. Yes, I know it's because you love me. Thank you Lord for loving me so much, that you take the time to correct me and guide me.  Lord thank you for giving me the skills and talents that I have. I want to use them for your glory and for your work down her on earth. As opportunities arise, I WILL serve with joy and with thanksgiving, because I'm serving the King. 
Amen.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails