Sunday, July 31, 2011

Remove the blinkers

I've been praying for God to show me what to pray during this time of prayer and fasting. I want my heart to be in sync with his. Today he showed me.

All this time I've been focussing on my feet - looking at the path with blinkered vision, only seeing where I am walking and the tiny piece of the journey I am taking. What if my path is not a path? I feel like God has removed the blinkers from my eyes and I am seeing this wide, highway type road ahead. I've been convinced that God was going to use me in the church... but I have not seen the whole wide world that is around me. God is not limited to that small building with that group of people. God is able to do abundantly more than I had hoped or dreamed (Ephesians 3:20). I'm limiting myself if I think that I can serve only within the 4 walls of the church. I'm limiting God's Kingdom if I think that only the 400 people I see every single Sunday will benefit from my skills, talents and abilities.

So today I look further. God's kingdom is not just the church. If I want to do real kingdom living and serving, then it's time to take off the blinkers and start looking for places to serve and give all over. I can serve God anywhere, I can teach anywhere, I can share anywhere, I can be creative anywhere. I have limited myself and God.

MY PRAYER
Forgive me Father for being so blind and silly. Thank you for showing me this amazing truth! You are bigger than the church, you are bigger than a building, and I don't want to box you and define your abilities through my own ideas and biases. Father I am open to being used wherever you want me to. Show me ways I can minister to others and bless others with my gifts and talents. My steps are ordered by you, and I want to walk those steps. Inspire me and annoint me. You are such a big God with big ideas and big plans, and I want to be part of them.
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails