Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sad news.

Dear readers and believers,
Thank you for praying with me about James and his battle with cancer. The cancer was growing aggressively and quickly overtook his body. A few days ago, James passed away, surrounded by his family as he watched them laugh and play - and is now in a place of no more pain, no more suffering and no more tears.

Photobucket



Death in a child is so hard to understand. Why? Why did he die? Why couldn't it have been someone who "deserved" to die, or who was old and had lived their life? I can't answer that, but all I can do is believe in God's goodness and mercy. He had a plan for James and in his short 6 years, his plan was fulfilled. "For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11) Even though we see death and cancer as a disaster, God sees the bigger picture and sees more than just the sadness and disease. Who knows what God had in mind?

Tomorrow is the funeral for James and instead of asking God why, when I will never possibly understand why, I am going to thank God that he took him home quickly, instead of drawing out the pain. I am going to thank God for the joy James bought those he left behind. I am going to pray for help in offering comfort and hope to the family who don't believe in God.

MY PRAYER

Dear Lord Jesus, Creator of all living things, Master of all, Saviour of all, and the Ultimate planner.
Fill my grieving heart with your peace. Turn my mourning into joy and assurance in you. Let me be your vessel when speaking to James' family. Help me to trust in you, your plans for us all, and your goodness.


Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails