Sunday, October 9, 2011

Salvation comes by believing, not behaving.

"We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believe, no matter who we are." Romans 3:22

I'm soooo glad that Salvation is not based on my behaviour - because it that was the case, I'm sure I wouldn't be saved. I am a sinner. As are you. We are all sinners. As it says in the following scripture :
"For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard." (Roman's 3:23) Isn't that kind of awesome though? That we aren't alone in our sin. Everyone has done it. Everyone is it. We are all sinners. God knew that we would be sinners, because he created us to have free choice, and he knew that our choices would not always be good. I'm not trying to downplay sin here, I'm just saying, that no one can escape it, and God knew that was the case.

What is so amazing about Grace, is that he didn't say "Righto, you stuffed up, you are so not spending eternity with me anymore." because if that was the case we would all be doomed. Instead he declared us to be righteous, through Jesus. He declared us to be guilty of sin, but acquitted from penalty because Jesus paid the price. That blows me away!!  It doesn't matter how long I have been a Christian, I am still amazed at the love and sacrifice of God to free me from the consequences of my sin. Grace is a free gift, but it cost God so much! Our merciful God did not give us what we deserved, but instead showed Grace and gave us what we didn't deserve!

Jesus was a gift, and all we have to do is accept the gift of redemption and salvation. It's not hard to be righteous in God's eyes. "People are made right with God when they believe that Jesus sacrificed his life.... and he declares sinners to be right in his sight when they believe in Jesus." (Romans 3:25-26)  To be made righteous we have to believe.  I don't have to prove myself worthy of this gift in any way. I don't have to do penance. I don't have to DO anything to receive Salvation, I just need to BELIEVE.

"Can we boast, then, that we have done anything to be accepted my God? No, because our acquittal is not based on obeying the law. It is based on faith." Romans 3:27

This is the ultimate expression of Grace. The only thing we have to do to receive is to believe, not behave. "I'm a good person, and I believe in God" is not enough. Good works and belief in God does not make us righteous. I mean even Satan believes in God!! And he is lost forever! It's belief in Jesus and his sacrifice that justifies us.

I pray you are blessed as you dwell on the great gift that God has given so freely and with love and grace.

MY PRAYER
Thank you Father that you gave me such an incredible gift, and thank you that someone shared that gift with me. I pray that no matter how old I get, and how long I have been your kid, that I will never ever cease to be amazed at how amazing your grace is!! Thank you for sending your Son so that I can be seen as righteous in your eyes. Thank you for such a precious gift!
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails