Sunday, June 3, 2012

Loved in advance

All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. Even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes.  God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure.  So we praise God for the glorious grace he has poured out on us who belong to his dear Son. He is so rich in kindness and grace that he purchased our freedom with the blood of his Son and forgave our sins. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding. {Ephesians 1:3-8)

Photobucket

I am a planner. I make lists, I know in advance what is coming up in the week. My diary is well used. I make menus, task lists, goal lists, etc. I don't like spur of the moment decisions, and lack of planning drives me up the wall. I can't stand disorder, disorganisation, mess and the panic and craziness that living this way can bring. I am like this because my son can't stand it either. ASD kids like predictability and want to be well prepared for what is coming up next. They don't like changes and moving like the wind. Maybe God is a teensy bit autistic too? Because BEFORE he made the world, God loved us and chose us. Before we even existed here on earth, we were loved and chosen. Now that's forward thinking and planning! It's another way I am made in God's image!!

But not only did God choose us and love us, we were going to be holy and blameless in his eyes. He knew that Jesus was going to pay the ultimate price so that we could be holy and blameless. He knew this BEFORE we were made. He had every opportunity to back out. He could have said "Eh, my son will have to die this awful painful death because of these sinful humans... yeah not going to happen.... I won't bother!" Even though he KNEW we would mess up and sin, he still thought we were worth it and he loved us regardless. It just puts a whole new perspective on "For God so loved the world {John 3:16}" doesn't it? 

Photobucket

He also decided that we were going to be His family. This really blows my mind! Before we even existed he wanted us! Before I even was conceived, God knew I was coming and was eagerly awaiting for me to come into the world! Before YOU were born, God knew about you and loved you and wanted you to be in his family. And not only did he want us, he made it really easy for us. We didn't have to do a thing! It doesn't say "God decided to adopt us into his own family as soon as we cleaned up our act and start living a worthy life." There were no conditions or tasks to complete before we could be considered children of God. We would become his kids by God BRINGING us to himself through Jesus. All the action that was required was on God's side!

Then in case you are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of what God has done and his love, wait... there is more!!! He then showers us with blessings on top of that all. What an awesome God we serve! What a fantastic example of love and grace we have in our lives. How Great is our God??!!

MY PRAYER
Lord, again I come to you absolutely gobsmacked by your love and your acts of grace and kindness you have shown me. I feel thoroughly loved and cherished. I feel like you have anticipated me in so many ways. Thank you Lord for the fresh revelation of you love and your grace. Thank you for revealing yourself to me once again. Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails