Thursday, June 21, 2012

A prayer

MY PRAYER


Dear Lord,
Again my pride takes a battering, and again I place myself in your loving care. I don't enjoy these lessons, but I know it's for a plan and a purpose. I will not be disheartened! I will not be upset or bitter. I will rejoice in your goodness to me, and see this as an opportunity for great joy {James 1:2} 
Thank you for the opportunity to learn and grow. Thank you for what you are doing in my life, and for loving me so much that you see me worthy of this shaping and moulding. Lord I don't want to shrink back from you when I feel disappointment, I want to draw near to you. I want to hear from you. I know that when I come close to you, you will come close to me {James 4:8} 


Even though the fig trees have no blossoms,and there are no grapes on the vines; even though the olive crop fails, and the fields lie empty and barren; even though the flocks die in the fields, and the cattle barns are empty, yet I will rejoice in the Lord! I will be joyful in the God of my salvation! The Sovereign Lord is my strength! He makes me as surefooted as a deer,able to tread upon the heights. {Habakkuk 3:17-19}

I will rejoice in you Lord, I will rejoice in the knowledge that you have so much planned for me and it goes beyond my capabilities and thoughts. Help me to remember that you have got it all sorted and I just need to relax and calm down!

Photobucket

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. {1 Chronicles 16:34)

You are good, Lord. You are faithful and true. Thank you for all you have done and all you will do.

Amen


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails