Saturday, April 20, 2013

Living in unity


God dealt with my critical spirit and bitterness. He has shown me that there are areas in my life that I need to change, and there are areas in my life HE needs to change. There are three things that I can do to promote unity and to reduce the risk of causing discord within my church family:

Do NOT hinder the Church“These six things the LORD hates, yes, seven are an abomination to Him: A proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren” {Proverbs 6:16-19}

God hates it when we create division and trouble in the body of Christ. If we are having a problem with someone or something within the church, we need to deal with it in a Godly way. It rarely involves telling anyone who will listen about it. Speak to only the people involved {Matthew 18:15-17}


“Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” (Psalm 133:1)
Be in the same mind
“Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment” (1 Corinthians. 1:10).

We are to “speak the same thing” so that there will be unity in the body of Christ. That means we need to be in the same mind and focus on what we have in common - which is Christ and His Word. It's very easy to focus on our differences and allow them to divide us, but it's not what God wants.

Submit to those in charge

“Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you” {Hebrews. 13:17}

We are to cooperate and submit to our spiritual leaders. We are to show respect and honor to those that God has anointed and placed in charge of our branch of the body of Christ. We need to see them as God sees them and that is that they are recognized as the authority in that particular church. This doesn't come without accountability to that responsibility! We have no right to dishonor and be rebellious towards those that God has placed in leadership.

MY PRAYER
Dear Father,
Remind me to speak with a pure tongue, that uplifts and builds up your Church. Thank you for placing the people that you have in leadership and help me remember they are your annointed and appointed. When I rebel or resist their leadership, I resist you.  Help me to remember that it's so much better to live together in unity. Help me keep my actions pure and my attitude sweet. 
Amen

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails